happy birthday grandpa

Happy Birthday Grandpa!



This guy is the best. Growing up I always have had a special connection with my Grandpa. We would play tricks on each other all the time. Go on walks up in the woods. He would tell me stories, then trip me. So I would throw so water on him. We never get mad - we only get even. Most of my favorite memories when I was younger involve this guy. 

He is kind to everyone he meets. Has a genuine love of people, animals, the scriptures and teasing. One of the things I miss the most about living in Idaho is being about to see him. I want nothing more than to have my girls know him and have memories with him. 

If I had to tell one story to describe him it would be one I was told not too long ago. The details might be a little different but this is the gist. He was the High Council speaker in a ward, noticed a woman sitting in the front row by herself. After the meeting was over he made it a point to go down and shake her had. He asked her how she was, they visited for a little then she asked him why he came to her. He responded, "Because everyone is important".

The greatest guy ever. Happy Birthday Grandpa. 

Wish I was there to serve you cake upside down!

No comments